Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creative Minds Need a Break too! Along with Lessons Learned.

We all need to be able to learn something new and sometimes that comes from learning from your mistakes and we all have done that. If you say NO to this then you’re lying to yourself. I know I have and I try to do something about that to move into a better direction. Then you have times were you need to recharge and rethink your options and decided what is best for you in many way as far as your mind, money, creative ideas, revamping, relearning new things that can better yourself and the items your selling.


When you take time off from blogging, designing and sometimes everything else when you think you have no creativity left in your body. Somehow you manage to restart your mind during a trip and come up with 3 new designs. That is what happened with me.


Lesson 1 Learned We decided to try something new and here is what we did and learned. A new vendor mall came to my area and they were charging $10 per shelf so I shared it with my mom and we took the whole case for $60.00 a month. Trust me I didn't trust anyone else but her to be in the same case as me with my items. We did sell a few items but after 3 months and not much in sales that would cover our cost each month. So at the end of this month we are removing all of our items out of the store and putting them back into our Etsy Paradise Jewelry Shop. When you figure $180.00 in 3 months and about $58.00 in sales you really got to take that step backwards and go what the heck was I thinking. Then realize that money would have at least let us had 900 new items to the store and we would be selling more there. Besides I have sold items to different countries and that to me is amazing and exciting. We figured that was a lesson we learned and move on.

Lesson 2 Learned Creating new items and setup the drafts within our shop is so much better than just posting. What Etsy has done and we love it was being able to create drafts and just upload the basic info and save them.Then go back later and addin the rest of the details of the items. We didn't use it when it first came out till this year. We wish we started doing this back then. Now we have over 25 drafts created to get them ready to post and we are still making new drafts. Lesson learned don't put off something good when it first comes out if it will save you time in the long run.

Well that is all for now and I hope to be posting more lessons or interested as time goes on. So please check back whenever you want.

Thanks
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment